- The title transfer is completed by lawyers only AFTER payment is made.
- New Zealand titles are held by the the Land Transfer office and have been digitised for some time now already
- All New Zealand's transactions are already completed electronically with multiple password protection
- Any money is transferred through solicitor's trust accounts backed by the solicitor's fidelity fund
- The net proceeds of the sale are transferred to client accounts only upon receipt of written instructions (an email won't cut it and will always be independently verified, usually by a phone call)
In this digital age it seems like there will always be scammers trying to find situations to take advantage of. It pays to be cautious when it comes to your email account and as Langley Twigg outlined in an earlier blog, there are definitely a few things you can do at your end to avoid being caught in email scam.